Logicor expands in Rheine, starts new development in Rome

Pan-European logistics property group Logicor is expanding its presence in Rheine, Germany, with two new projects.

The new assets consist of a logistics property with two units totaling 20,000 m2 (Rheine II) and a business park with four units spanning a total area of 24,200 m2 (Rheine III).

Rheine II is currently under construction on Sandkampstrasse/Lingener Damm and will complement the existing Logicor site, which includes Rheine 1, a logistics property for the Dachser Group that was built in 2016.

Once completed, the Logicor site in Rheine will have a total rental area of over 66,500 square meters. It is strategically located close to major logistics hubs with connections to the Netherlands and Osnabrück, two of the most important transport links in Europe.

The new projects will be developed sustainably, with around 90% of the demolition waste being reused and the remaining 10% being thermally processed to generate heat and electricity. The buildings will have PV systems, green roofs, and air heat pumps, and will target BREEAM Very Good certification. The new building façades have been designed to integrate into the surrounding area.

Moritz Heißenberg, country manager Germany, said: ‘We are delighted to be working closely with the city of Rheine and the Development and Economic Promotion Agency (EWG) to convert our existing commercial space in Rheine into state-of-the-art, sustainable real estate.’

In Italy, Logicor has begun developing a new 24,000 square meter property in Rome for a customer in the electronic distribution industry. Scheduled for completion in late 2024, it will be built on a 97,000 square meter site of industrial-zoned land owned by Mazer Fund, a Logicor closed-end real estate fund managed by Kryalos SGR.

The Pomezia site is strategically located at the intersection of Via dei Castelli Romani and Via Laurentina, less than 30 km south of Rome and 33 km from Fiumicino Airport. It is also close to the main road network that connects Rome's Orbital Motorway and the A1 road, which runs the length of the Italian peninsula.

The development is expected to further increase Logicor's presence in this key submarket. It will target the environmental standard BREEAM Very Good, with a 2.8 MW photovoltaic system and EV charging stations for cars and vans. Landscaped green areas will also be built to improve the biodiversity in the local area. In addition, a municipal car park will be built as part of the development.

Graeme Hepburn, Logicor country manager Italy, commented: ‘The construction of this asset in Rome is a great example of how we are delivering on our strategy to increase our presence in key locations that our customers want and need to be in through the development of sustainable logistics real estate.’

Pomezia is one of Logicor’s key submarkets where it is actively acquiring standing assets and land opportunities to add to its existing 200,000 m2 portfolio of managed assets.


Latest news

Best read stories